The Fusion Fitness™ Training Program
With over thirty years of teaching training experience presenting workshops and seminars at every major fitness event around the world, Helen Vanderburg and Donna Read teamed together with well known sports physiotherapist, Terry Kane to develop one of the most exciting new programs to come to the fitness industry.
This program has been developed based on the emerging interest in the mind-body approach to fitness.
- FFT has been designed specifically for fitness professionals seeking the opportunity to expand their knowledge in the areas of yoga and Pilates.
- FFT takes a modern approach to training the traditional forms of yoga and Pilates while integrating a blend of fitness conditioning and adding current knowledge and research into the delivery of this course.
- FFT is centered on physiology and biomechanics including joint safety, modifications and adaptations of the more traditional forms of mind-body training.
- FFT integrates familiar fitness moves that blend in well with the yoga postures and Pilates exercises.
- FFT teaches instructors of pre-choreographed programs a deeper understanding of technique, alignment and cueing for yoga and pilates
Fusion Fitness Training is a program to teach leaders how to incorporate mind and body practices into their training program and classes to create a sanctuary amidst the chaos of daily life.
We invite you to join us and enjoy the journey.
Helen has over 25 years of teaching experience, is a respected international instructor trainer and conference presenter, owner of Heavens Fitness Club. Helen is a student and teacher of yoga and her studies consist of several teacher trainings courses with well know Yoga teachers throughout the globe. She brings a wealth of experience to her classes with extensive training in pilates from numerous programs including Stott Pilates and Physical Mind Pilates. Helen has been recognized for her outstanding contribution to the fitness industry receiving the IDEA 2005 Fitness Instructor of the Year, IDEA 1996 Program Director of the Year, the 2006 and 1996 CanFitPro presenter of the year, 2001 Women of Vision award, and the 2001 Mall Peepre National Fitness Leadership Memorial award.
Since graduating from the University of Toronto (Physical Therapy) in 1985, Terry Kane has not only held positions as Head Physical Therapist with Canada’s Olympic Hockey Team and the Calgary Flames, but also worked some of the leading sports medicine physicians, orthopaedic surgeons, sports psychologists and high performance coaches in North America and Europe.
In addition to his clinical work, Terry has spoken at some of the most respected health and fitness conferences in the world, including the American College of Sports Medicine, Canadian Academy of Sport Medicine, CanFitPro and IDEA as well as been a peer reviewer for the Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine and The Physician and Sports Medicine. Terry continues to speak and write on exercise-based rehabilitation to the orthopaedic / medical community but also the fitness industry.